Visit Our Permanent Exhibition
The Marks in Time Exhibition at the M&S Company Archive celebrates the role that Marks & Spencer has played in peoples’ lives for over 128 years. Here, you can explore the development and impact M&S has had on the social history of Britain. From boardroom battles to staff welfare, from puddings to pants, the exhibition explores how M&S has led the way in innovation, quality and service.
Featuring unique artefacts, historic garments and films and photographs from the Archive, the exhibition tracks the journey from market stall to Penny Bazaar to international retailer. M&S is woven into the fabric of the UK – from the clothes we wear to the food we eat. Which of your M&S favourites will you discover?
- Browse through Employee magazines - from 1930s to present day
- Interactive exhibits - watch our cinema adverts from the 1950s
- Hands-on activities - cash up using our original penny bazaar till
- Children's Zone - dressing up, games and toys
- Opening Hours
- Monday - Saturday : 10:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday : Closed
- M&S Company Archive
- Michael Marks Building
- University of Leeds
- LS2 9JT